Welcome to Joshua Online

Joshua Online is the web version of Joshua van Rooyen's personal magazine, Joshua International.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sailing practice


Jens and I are sailing in a 24 hour charity regatta on the 6th of October, though its the boat that has to keep sailing, the crew can change. I think we will get a horror 3 to 6am slot. Jens, my mate in the sunnies, is a super-experienced sailor; I am super-inexperienced. Good balance that. On Saturday last we had to go and try the boat out - its a 2 to 4 person size thing, quite fast though - the middle of the night not being a good learning time. To get to the boat we were sailing meant hitching a ride on Rob and Emma's junk - and it was a beaut day. Rob's son Hamish had this really cool RC boat - which regrettably I did not get to see in action - aparently its genuinely fast. Behind the zapcat being towed by the junk you can see our village in the distance.

No comments: