Welcome to Joshua Online

Joshua Online is the web version of Joshua van Rooyen's personal magazine, Joshua International.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

The boat arrives - yeeeeeha



I came home last night to find Jens and Rob arrow wheeling our old-new boat into my car's parking spot, so kind of them to do it; so kind of Simon to give it to us - just down right exciting all round. The boys went ballistic; they didn't mind that it wasn't in water, they were just keen to play on it. And so this morning we were out there for a photo so that I could post it up for you. They wasted no time in checking it out thoroughly, Ev was very keen on the engine, gave it a big hug, and Aiden fancied himself as the driver, and so grabbed the throttle. I've got to take the propellor drive shaft and whatnot off tomorrow, because the casing is going to a welder to have a skeg welded on again - its supposed to stick downwards to protect the propellor. This weekend I'll take the head off so that it can go to be skimmed, and then if all goes well (it never does) I'll, sand it down, paint it and put it all together again. The boat iteself needs a good clean, barnacles taken off and some bits and pieces stuck down. I think it will be a lot of work, but so worthwhile; its a machine this thing when working; that motor is 900cc, and it's two stroke - there's not much in the way of weight that it drives either, so you can imagine how it accellerates. I've got to go and do a Masters and Engineers licences, not fun work-wise, but I hope that it (and not the repairs) will be the biggest barrier to getting out on the water.

No comments: