Welcome to Joshua Online

Joshua Online is the web version of Joshua van Rooyen's personal magazine, Joshua International.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The wet end of Winter

I pretty much love this weather - cool and damp and fantanstically green - but it is regarded as a late tail of winter - after all, it's only twenty something degrees.  It was so beautiful inside the woods going up behind our village.  Ev stayed at home (thankfully, because I took a tumble and would typically have been carrying him on my shoulders by then).  Aiden is tireless, and has no problem keeping up which is great.


















Ev scowling away as he watches the action in 101 Dalmations from our Cruella-proof bed - the cool hair light comes from a thing called a snoot, off to the left.  I think its a bit overcooked - still learning.





























I used the same snoot as a direct light on Aiden's face for this shot - which I think is quite nice, if not a bit gloomy (and then there is the hand-me-down pair of David Beckham pajamas which is a bit yesterday).  I later watched a training vid on snoots on youtube, and they're actually not for direct lighting - mmm, pays to check that out first perhaps. 

No comments: