Welcome to Joshua Online

Joshua Online is the web version of Joshua van Rooyen's personal magazine, Joshua International.

Friday, October 5, 2012

My favourite pic in years

I took this somewhere near Swellendam while back, and just love it - I think the detail in the foreground really moves me, if you click on it to make it bigger, and look carefully, you will see telephone poles - which give some idea of scale.  The colour version is somewhere else, earlier, on your blog.  I made this black and white for printing and I think it came out better than the colour one.  Just love it.


This is not remotely a comparison (if you go and have a look you will see why...), but I really really like the big Ansell Adams landscapes - medium format camera, ultra-detailed, impossibly fantastic - he was the prophet of landscape - google him some time - just the very final arrival point - yet in the past.

No comments: