Welcome to Joshua Online

Joshua Online is the web version of Joshua van Rooyen's personal magazine, Joshua International.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Aiden's sidestep

I'm not sure whether I showed you this or not (I think I filmed it before the holiday, but have just re-discovered it), so I thought I'd post it here to see how that works - it needs sound. It features Aiden being bad. He's a big deal breaker, which we are working on. In this instance, the deal was that if I carried him to the toilet and back upside down he would sit down and eat his supper. I carried him, and the video is, as you can see, not of him sitting down. (Privately, I also think the desire to travel hanging by your feet is in itself quite funny). So I thought to myself I'll extract a confession from him on video, so that I can use it as evidence when later refusing to agree to one of his slippery deals. Parenting, it seems, is full of this sort of dodgy strategising, and invariably you find yourself outwitted. So in the process of trying to film the confession (of course not forthcoming) I get this... Aiden deftly sidestepping the clumsy camera-man with rugby-world-cup-standard-aplomb, and in doing so trashing the autofocus. Hope you like it.

1 comment:

The J Man said...

hehe nice one Aiden!